Charcoal Baked Longjuan Tieguanyin
Encounter a heart-warming tea container, taking a sip or two of light and elegant tea in the middle of a busy schedule; between touch and vision, clearly comprehend heaven, earth and people of nature and ingenuity.
Frequently Bought Together
- Chinese: tàn bèi tiě guan yīn
- Translation: Charcoal baked Anxi Tie Guan Yin
- Type: Medium Roasted Oolong
- Cultivar: Tie Guan Yin
- Elevation: 750m – 1300m
- Origin: Longjuan village, Anxi, Fujian
- Harvest Date: 2023/04/05
- Storage Methods: Sealed, Prevent moisture, Vacuum, Alone
- Shelf Life: 24 months
- Tea Master: Jianbo Yang
- Gaiwan Brewing Method: Wash the tea set with boiling water;
- Put Tieguanyin tea into the tea set, and the amount of tea placed accounts for about five points of the capacity of the tea set;
- Pour the boiling water into the cover bowl to make the tea leaves turn;
- Gently scrape off the floating white foam with the lid to make it fresh and clean;
- Pour the tea water that has been steeped for one or two minutes into the juxtaposed teacups in turn;
- When the tea is poured into a little, it should be dripped evenly into each cup;
- Observe the color of the tea in the cup;
- Take the heat and sip, first smell its fragrance, then taste its flavor, smell it while sipping, pour it lightly and drink it carefully. Although the amount of drinking is not much, it can leave a fragrance on the cheeks, the bottom of the throat is sweet, and the heart is relaxed and happy, and there is no fun.
I have been searching for dark roast oolong tea on Amazon for boba making and couldn't find anything that's great when steeped for prolonged time since that's how I make my boba. I bought something that's a dark roast from a Ranch 99 super market but that's very poor, not only does it taste bitter and unsmooth but also there was no aroma. Now enter this one. As soon as I open the bag and take a whiff I was immediately excited, so I steeped one up with 95°C hot water and boy the Aroma is there although reserved, but the taste is almost impeccable. It's dark yet very, very smooth. Almost sweet and very nuanced, and there is no bitterness at all. Highly recommend since it is exceeding my expectation!
This oolong tea is delicious. I’ve been looking for the best oolong for a while after I lost my tea contact in China. This tea is even better. It is earthy, nutty tasting, smooth in it’s mouth feel and roll across the tounge. I brew it in a small Chinese clay teapot and I can get at least four steeps from a teaspoon of tea. Thank you very much, I look forward to trying other varieties as well.
I am someone who generally likes the high quality Tie Guan Yin - I often get "monkey picked" variety from expensive tea boutiques so I was eager to try this one as I love it when people do a traditional treatment to tea because tea really demands it.
First of all, this tea is VERY strong in terms of giving me a caffeine and theobromine high. It has a rich flavor, and I've been following instructions for the first brew but the second I let steep with boiling water and get a excellent flavor for the second brew as well. This is as described, it has all the notes I expect from a well crafted tea. The makers are showing off their expertise and they have selected some of the best leaves to make their tea.
This tea is among the best. It has been described as having 'wheat and molasses' flavors by others. It is a tea I have been searching for as it is often sold out online. I was glad to have found it here finally. Not astringent and not as sweet as a Keemun, yet, with equal flavor and character. Highly recommend for those connoisseurs of fine teas.
This is a really nice tasting tea. It has a nice delicate flavour and although it is a bit pricey for everyday use, for an occasional treat it is well worth buying.